SADLEIR technical consultancy is a UK‑based independent engineering consultancy practice, established in 1995, serving the construction industry and allied professions across the field of civil engineering. We assist private, commercial and public-sector clients in the realisation of a variety of engineering and maritime transportation projects and in the maintenance of civil engineering installations. Services provided encompass study, analysis and reporting, institutional support, design, procurement, on-site supervision, project monitoring and contractual dispute resolution.
Civil engineering: a definition
Technical and project management support are offered across a range of engineering disciplines, with specialisation in the areas of:
- maritime civil engineering, ports and transportation systems
- appraisal, structural pathology and repair management of reinforced concrete
- derelict land rehabilitation and associated surface hydrology
- works contract procurement, project management and contractual dispute resolution
Principal Andrew P.R. Sadleir
BSc CEng MICE MASCE FCIArb
years' professional experience, having worked with leading consulting engineers, specialist contractors, project promoters and funding institutions both in the UK and overseas
. A Chartered Civil Engineer, Andrew also holds the CIArb's Diploma Certificate in International Arbitration.
He is a member of the EBRD's Senior Transport Experts Panel.
Andrew is certified as a Port Facility Security Officer, compliant with the requirements of the UK National Maritime Security Programme under EC Regulation 725/2004 ¶18.1 (ISPS Code ¶B18.1).
Where required for a particular project, we may call upon the expertise of other independent consultants from our short-list, covering a range of specialised disciplines.
SADLEIR technical consultancy has an international client list – from the UK, Europe, USA, India, the Middle East and North Africa – for whom commissions undertaken include:
- appraisal of service life expectancy and structural repair requirements for urban wastewater treatment installations in Scotland, UK;
- long-term land reclamation project-related air quality monitoring for a local authority in South Wales, UK;
- technical supervision and local project liaison for a programme of quay wall repairs in Guinea, West Africa;
- design and technical support for underwater repair works to intake structures in water supply reservoir, UK;
- investigation and appraisal of reinforced concrete process structures in major UK chemical works;
- design coordination of highway structures rehabilitation for the Lebanon National Roads Project;
- site supervision of major landslip stabilisation works, South Wales, UK;
- tender design/method presentation support for major port structures contracts in Saudi Arabia and West Africa;
- condition survey - historic fishing harbour mole, Cornwall, UK;
- condition survey - composite steel/concrete structures at UK oil refinery;
- monitoring of construction progress and supervision QA procedures for a container terminal in new deepwater port, Morocco;
- visiting ports/maritime consultant to EU-funded transport sector technical assistance programme, Albania;
- Team Leader on two separate studies in Congo Brazzaville on port rehabilitation and fluvial navigation management;
- technical and procurement support to EIB‑funded port development projects in Croatia, Albania and Mozambique;
- port-focussed input to multi-modal transport network studies in West Africa and in Tanzania;
- advice to funding institutions for disaster risk reduction criteria in planning a port redevelopment project in the Bahamas;
- technical direction of site investigations and analysis of heavy concrete sub-structures for steelworks plant renewals, South Wales, UK;
- port capacity and infrastructure requirements analysis for maritime connectivity study in south-west Indian Ocean region.
- review of infrastructure and connectivity needs for IFI funding of remote south‑Atlantic islands.
- Team Leader on design for new commercial quay construction and port extension in the Seychelles.
SADLEIR technical consultancy is based in Cornwall, in the South-West of England, well placed for both national and international road, rail and air communications. Commissions are undertaken both across the UK and worldwide, and rapid mobilisation may be possible, subject to availability. By virtue of our low overheads, our fee rates are realistic and cost-effective.
today to discuss your requirements.
..or you might wish to bookmark this page.
Thank you for visiting our site.
SADLEIR technical consultancy Ltd is registered in England & Wales: Company № 3319021